Monday, April 10, 2006

My Birthday

To my Dear Friends,

So, so, so sorry for not updating earlier. My excuse is: I WAS TOO SLACK!!!!!

I will tell you all about my 23rd birthday. First, I would like to thank everyone who came and also for all the people who got in touch with me. Thank you also for the beautiful presents!!!! I love them!!!!!

On the 25th March I decided to have a dinner at Hog's Breath Cafe for my friends and family. I obviously had the few annoying people who cancelled at the LAST MINUTE, but all in all, it was a good turn out and I'm sure a good time was had by all.

I had my make up done by my very OWN make up artist, Hollie. She seriously made me look half decent and I thank her profusely for that!!! What a champion!!! I wore my 21st birthday dress (which I haven't worn for a while as it is a little tighter than what it used to be!!! Amazing what a couple of years does to you!!!). BTW, I blame Kasun for the weight I gained (it's always his fault!!). I also attempted to straighten my hair for the event. I mean, I bought a straightener about one year ago, and I have used it about 5 times. I realised that I have much longer hair than I did the last time I straightened it and therefore I was unable to do such a good job. Anyway, I left my hair out for some of the time and it wasn't too annoying.

The meals were good and the waiter we had was great. He was easy to talk to and knew I was a little nervous about people's meals being on time and also when to bring out the cake. Everything went smoothly and everyone loved the cake. In fact, the hardest thing of the night was actually cutting the cake and serving it. It took AGES!!!!!!!!

Thanks to the following people who came:
  • Holly
  • Cam
  • Jasper
  • Amy
  • Bronte
  • Sharon
  • Donald
  • Liana
  • Brett
  • Catherine
  • Elmer
  • Sam
  • Sashani
  • Angela
  • Natasha
  • Hollie
  • Michael
  • Aunty Ruth
  • Mum
  • Dad

I love you all so much!!! (I also hope I didn't forget anyone................sorry if I did!!!!)

I hope everyone had a great time because I certainly did!!!!

I ended up going home at about 12.30am because I didn't want to TRY and have the BEST night of my life (I made this mistake on my 21st birthday - though I had a VERY, VERY good time). I had a wonderful night, but my feet hurt a little from my shoes and I thought it was better to go home while I was still enjoying myself.

Anyways, I think I'm babbling a little now.

To the Dream Team: the Travelling Journal is on it's way to Vids!!!!

Until next time, stay safe and keep it real my friend!!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

8 Comments:

At Monday, April 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika,

I love the comment at the end.

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! I am also excited to hear that the travelling journal is on its way to Vidya. Does that mean it should be in my loving, hypercrazy hands quite soon??? :D

Yoomi

 
At Monday, April 10, 2006, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehehe, you should have the journal soon Yoomi (depends if Vids does a 'Mel').

I apologise once more for the lateness of my post!!!!

 
At Monday, April 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez...thanks! I love you too Anika

Mellie

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's all giggle politely :D

Yoomi

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006, Blogger Vidya said...

I haven't got the journal yet...

I promise not to chuck a mellie...

I am glad you had a lovely day... were tehre any photos? Did the photos make it to the journal?

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2006, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

No pics made it to the journal. I was thinking of finding a nice one of us 4 and sticking it in there. I'm not sure if we all have a pic together (of just the 4 of us anyways). I'll have a look.

Argh!!! Back to work tomorrow!!!

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006, Blogger Vidya said...

YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS AGGGGEEESSS AGO!

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been ages. Update, update...hey, where's that update bell???

Yoomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home