Sunday, June 18, 2006

Beautiful Day

Today has been a lovely day so far.

I got up relatively early (not 4.45am or anything ridiculous like that!!) and was all set to go to the gym. However, I decided I didn't really feel like jumping around in a room full of sweaty people, so I went for a bike ride along the Nightcliff foreshore. I find this one of the most beautiful places in Darwin, especially when you look to your right (or left, depends which way you are going) and see the ocean very close up. So close you can smell the sea and feel the breeze on your face.

After getting home and having a shower (and marvelling at how jelly-like my legs felt), Amy came and picked me up and we went to the Rapid Creek markets. After a bit of a look around we decided to go to the Nightcliff markets and check them out. I had a banana shake which was nice and tried some of those rice paper rolls, they are really quite yummy with soy sauce and chillie. I'm trying to be healthy these days because I want to look good at Joanne's wedding in Melbourne.

After a little wandering around, I bought myself a bracelet (not that I need another one!!). Amy and I then relaxed with a coffee (my mocha wasn't actually very good). To kill a little more time, we went to the second hand book store where I bought......wait for it........six Mills and Boon double digests for $2.00!!! So yeah, I think I might start getting into the really serious stuff.

All in all it was a very nice typical dry season day in Darwin. Very slow and relaxing. To top it all off, I'm going to watch the soccer match between Australia and Brazil later on tonight. It should be good.

I will let you all know how it goes!!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika...it sounds like a beautiful day. I just realised that for the past week I haven't really checked out a single blog. My favourite word currently is hammered and that's to describe my state of mind once I get home from uni.

Today was a terrible, ugly, disgusting day and knowing me, it will probably come out in my writing. I hope you have more beautiful days up ahead!

Yoomi

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way,

I love the pic :)

Yoomi

 
At Wednesday, June 28, 2006, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hey Yoomi,

I hope you are feeling better and that you had a much better day after that.

I'm glad you like the picture, I can't believe I can still make faces like that at the ripe old age of 23......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home