Friday, June 02, 2006

A Long Time Coming

Hi People,

Seeing as I have almost disappeared off the face of the planet, I thought I'd better update.

I have been relatively busy lately. Kasun came up to Darwin last time I was here which was fun. I know Yoomi found this out through Kasun when she met him near (wait for it) Starbucks in Parramatta. It was kind of a last minute decision for him to come so I was unable to spread the word. In fact quite a few of my friends in Darwin were a little shocked to see us together. "He only just came here!!" they said. I replied "that was three months ago!!" Just came here, my foot!!

I've gotten into music quite a lot lately. This is due to the fact that Natasha (my lab buddy) is into anything and everything. She has even kinda got me into "Korn", I was actually afraid of that kind of music. I like one song "twisted transistor", it's pretty cool.

I have a lot of people I need to ring this time, so stay near your phones because I'll be getting in touch!!! I can't believe it is the 3rd June already. Where has the time gone??

I went out last night with Natasha and Amy, it was fun and I haven't danced like that for AGES!!! I have a sore throat though.

By the way, it is FREEZING at McArthur River!!!!! A very chilly 7 degrees in the morning!!! Damn!! I console myself by looking at how cold it is in Canberra and thanking my lucky stars that I'm not there at the moment freezing my butt off!!

Lots more tourists in Darwin, so this is a hint for you guys, come to Darwin!!!!

My contract is due to expire soon, I'm pretty sure I will be either made permanent or have my contract extended, but I will believe it when I see something on paper. I can't believe that 6 months are almost up.

I also had a phone call from a good old buddy Xiang relatively recently. Nice to talk to you again!!! Leave a comment on my blog next time you have a look!!!

This is a strange post, I know, a little disjointed, but so am I at the moment!!!!

Take care!!!!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

4 Comments:

At Friday, June 02, 2006, Blogger Vidya said...

Kasun wa sin darwin AGAIN??? But he was only there like a few weeks ago! 3 months MY FOOT! :P

I am waiting right next to my phone... :P

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you again dear Anika. I am glad that things are going well. I think I'm going to go and write you an email right now. Please take care and I might give you a call this week :)

Yoomi

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Vids, I tried ringing you!!!!! Yoomi and Mel, I will ring you both either today or tomorrow!!!

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you definitely rang me.

It is miserably cold here and it's raining crazily but it's a change having some rain again. I was starting to forget how it feels to walk in the rain. And I almost forgot what my umbrella looks like :)

Yoomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home