Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oh My Goodness!!!

Well, suffice to say, the title of my post expresses quite well how I'm feeling on the eve of my 24th birthday............

24!!!!! Where have the years gone??

Gone are the carefree days of my youth, check out what I did today:

  • Woke up early and went to the doctor regarding pain in my fingers which I sustained at work.
  • Went to the physio to shed some light on the matter. He told me he would need to see me tomorrow also. "But it's my birthday tomorrow!!!" I said. He told me that they would have a cake for me.
  • I met up with Holly after that and we discussed our friend Roxanne's upcoming wedding, and also Holly's almost five year old son's antics.
  • I then shopped for a present for Natasha who will be leaving for a trip around Europe in 2 weeks.
  • I came home and had lunch (to save some money).
  • I washed my clothes.

I don't know if any of this is interesting, but I guess 'boring' goes hand in hand with being 'old'. That's how I'm feeling at the moment, old and boring. Whoever thought I'd be trying to get worker's compensation??

I hope I haven't depressed anybody.

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: I remember how the other kids used to say that old Mister Swenson was the meanest man in town. But I said I thought he was nice, that he just didn't know how to show it. The meanest man in town, I said, was the mean old guy who lived in the big white house. "THAT'S MISTER SWENSON," they said. Oh, my mistake.

4 Comments:

At Monday, March 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anika,

You aren't old and you're certainly not boring. I hope your fingers feel better soon. Work can be such a drag sometime. What has exactly happened? It's been too long since we talked!

Yoomi

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy bday Anika! :)
Ridhish

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was lovely talking to you! I feel old too... but you know... 24 isn't that bad. And for a 24 year old Srilankan, you have done everything - you have a degree in CHEMISTRY, are engaged, have a job and a cricket team good enough to make it to the final 8! So don't feel old and boring, feel old and proud :D

Love you!
Vidya

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe! Take stock dear Anika that you have quite a few friends who are older than you (even if they're only a couple of weeks so!).
Great talking to you yesterday and again: HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Love, Mellie
P.S. Yay for Sri Lanka (and of course Australia!)... :-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home